Betting on chess online. Short review
This sport is one of the few where you do not need to use physical skills. It is a game of intellects, and here, not always the strongest wins. As in any other sport, there are unexpected results. One wrong move can turn an outsider into a favourite.
Betting on chess – on matches or championships are possible. The main events in this sport have open lines in bookmaker sites. So you can easily bet online on chess and that’s why it’s a good idea to analyze before each bet. Thus, you can protect yourself and your funds.
There are several of the most important tournaments in chess that have worldwide popularity. They are broadcast in many countries and have many views. These are the events in this sport that you should bet on. They are often covered in the bookmakers’ lines. And what is not unimportant is that these tournaments offer the best odds on chess betting:
- Chess Olympics;
- World Cup;
- Absolute World Tournament;
- World Youth Chess Championship;
- World Junior Tournament;
- Women’s World Championship.
These are the main tournaments. They have a world scale. They are held in different countries in Asia, Europe and America. In 2022 the Chess Olympiad was held in India. Championships in the sport are held every year. There are also many tournaments within countries.
Today, some of the most famous matches for an individual competition include the Linares Championship (now defunct) and the Tata Steel. The largest team tournament is the Chess Olympics. In it, players compete for their country’s team just like in the Olympics. Most chess tournaments are organized and run according to the World Chess Federation (FIDE) handbook. It contains instructions and rules for matches. Tournaments are generally played in a round-robin system, a Swiss system, or a knock-out style to determine the winner. Below you can read about the best sites for chess betting.
Chess tournament formats
Chess matches can have several formats. They differ only in the timing of the game. Below you can read about the formats:
- Classic chess. These are long matches that can last up to 6 hours;
- Rapid chess. The meeting on average lasts less than 30 minutes;
- Blitz. The whole game takes an average of 10 minutes.
Most often, for betting choose the second format of the tournament. It is optimal. The bettor can make an analysis and predict the outcome. The first option is quite lengthy, which is why it is more like to do chess Live betting.
Chess betting markets and types of bets
Chess does not offer a huge market in the betting industry. In the chess game, there are 3 results to a tournament – win, lose or draw. As for the most popular types of bets, in addition to the classic on the winner of a single match, there is also the opportunity to see unique options on the sites of bookmakers. Here are the common types of chess wagers:
- Single game winner;
- A bet on the outcome or on the final winner of the tournament;
- Total Under or More on the difference of points;
- A long-term bet on the chess player’s final place;
- Country of origin of the winning player;
- Total Under or Overtime;
- Nationality of the winning team.
As in any other discipline, not a little of the success lies in the quality of the chosen betting site. Currently, many bookmakers already accept them as a sport in their line. Below you may get acquainted with the best companies on the sites and mobile apps that you can bet on chess.
How to start online chess betting. Rating of bookmakers
Safety is an area of concern for chess bettors. The initial step of beginning betting on a chess game is to find a renowned chess betting site. After that, the players have to sign in for account creation and make a deposit in the account by the convenient and secure payment method – PayPal, Visa or MasterCard, Cryptocurrencies, etc.
You can choose any of the presented companies for betting on chess. Each bookmaker in this list has an official site for PC and mobile applications. In order to gain access to chess betting you will need to register on:
- Parimatch. This is a bookmaker company with a lot of experience. In all this time it has received a lot of positive feedback from the players. For Parimatch new users, it offers a +150% bonus for the amount of the first deposit. In addition to chess, the line includes all popular sports;
- Mostbet. The bookmaker has good bonus offers for bettors. Easy registration and a lot of options for a deposit. Newbies can get +100% to their deposit after creating an account. The odds and the coverage of events in chess sport is one of the best;
- Pin Up. The company has a simple and clear interface on the site and in programs for mobile devices. Navigation can be understood even without experience. Welcome bonus +125% on your first deposit on Pin-Up;
- LeonBet. The company is known for its reliability and generosity. For newbies, we offer +100% to deposit and free bets. During the World Chess Championships, the bookmaker has the best roster on the market;
- Melbet. A bookmaker company with the best software and Melbet login Bangladesh simple process on the official site. Pays a lot of attention and comes up with promotions during chess tournaments. Offers a welcome bonus for new users +100 to new deposit amount and many other promotions.
These are the top 5 bookmakers on which you can bet. If you decide to use the program for Android or iOS devices, you will need to download the installation file from the official website of the company. You can choose any of the options presented above. These bookmakers cover all significant events in chess betting.
There are many other well-known online betting sites and apps available in the market, like Betway, Unibet, LeoVegas, Bet365, Dafabet, 1xBet, William Hill, etc. that can give attractive opportunities to place a bet on chess sport. The players have to choose some convenient sites which give them high chess betting odds, variable methods of depositing and withdrawing money, live betting options, welcome gifts and other great bonuses.